Sunday, June 18, 2017

     XtraTuf is a boot, not just any boot, but the ONLY boot that any self respecting mariner should ever wear in Alaska, no cute yachtie yellows or reds with polka dots or even black Wellingtons will be deemed acceptable shoe wear.  The deck hands, captains, first mates, children, grocery clerks, baristas, shop-keepers all wear XtraTuf’s. They are sold in grocery stores, hardware stores, gift shops and book stores just in case. Entire families will be seen walking down the street, each in a pair of XtraTuf’s.  I don mine every time I go to shore and find that the locals are very willing to let me into their world, allowing me to photograph their derelicts with pride, or the muscle boats with even more pride.  I get stopped by tourists who think I’m a local.  Way to go XtraTuf’s!  Mine do have a green band instead of the traditional yellow band so I know which pair is mine when I pull them out of the lazarette.   It helps to wear plaid shirts, pull over sweatshirts (Grunden’s) paired with denim and NEVER wear a rain coat.  I got it nailed.  Just dress the way I do every day at home in little old Poulsbo!
Alaskan Slippers

No comments:

Post a Comment