Sunday, May 21, 2017

Fog

Resting in the bow of the boat, lulled by the gentle up and down motion from waves birthed by a cutter 50 yards away, I recap the day.  It began with dock launch at 7:00am into pea soup fog with Tim at the helm navigating by radar and AIS.  Keeping to my promise to feed our bodies with kindness and nourishment, after the boat was sea worthy, I retreated down below to the galley to try out our inverter.  I was elated to have that amenity!  I proceeded to use every vegetable in our small fridge to create a smoothie for breakfast.  My other agenda was that I was NOT going to let customs seize my stash of luscious, organic, non GMO greens. I hauled the BlendTec out of the lazarette, poured in a dash of coconut milk, tossed in all the veggies, plugged in the blender to create an emerald green concoction.  Thicker than pea soup, it was a fitting complement to the "pea-soup" fog, to start our day.

Of course, Canadian Customs never even asked about our food; it was an effortless entrance at Bedwell Harbor.  Departing with papers in order, passports approved, we arrived at Salt Springs Island a few short hours later, our destination for the evening.




After errands and marina check in, Tim and I reviewed the day and addressed what we felt needed improvement in our communication, deck, dock and boat handling and realized that I needed another reminder in tying a clove hitch knot.  After some practice, I think I got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment